Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Perception- The Owl & the Hummingbird

My sis from Waikele-hood and current roomie, Misty was visiting her mainland home this past summer before she came back to the island and brought back with her some sort of realization of a projection of us in bird form.

Let me just start with this fact, she likes birds and so I'm assuming this is why the projection has come in bird-form instead of mythical creature, pokemon, ninja turtle (my personal fave) or patronus form.  No idea how we started talking about this but I never know how we get into any of our conversations but she ended up telling me that her equivalent in bird form would be an owl and mine would be a hummingbird.  Which I thought was cool..., then she continued with her rationalization- that owls are actually huge and when she thinks of them she thinks of them perched on branches (as she tells me this story from the comfort of her recliner chair where she was currently posted) and hummingbirds are very small and always in motion.  

I'm pretty sure I found this conversation unusually amusing and I think I recall laughing, I probably laughed so hard I gave myself short-term memory loss. Which would explain why I can't remember how I actually felt hearing this for the first time, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it but it has been the running topic of inside jokes between us.

I thought it would be fun to show this similitude via pictures (thanks Google images).

How Misty sees us...
Not exactly sure if she described herself as a "great owl" but she definitely requested an owl w/ "a tasty morsel in it's beak." *gross

And this is how she sees me, tiny. Just tiny. 

So according to Misty, this is what we would look like in a picture together.


If I had to describe us using her preferences...

How I see Misty...

This is the look she gives me when she describes things to me, "you know that song they've been playing on the radio? The marry me one? Sounds like it's from a band here?"
K: Rude by Magic? 
M: No the other one that sounds local...[see pic below]

Misty, I still have no idea what song you're talking about.


Or, "I like the craft fairs they have in town better" (while we are driving through town) 

K: where in town? What part of town? WE ARE IN TOWN NOW (x_x)
M: the other side of town
K: ...
M: [see pic below]

Like this owl, Mist hates getting her face wet. 


Recently, I've spent quite a bit of time with this girl and one thing if anything is apparent, she thinks I am a very small person I wouldn't even be surprised if she described me as "kiddie-sized" and of course this is definitely not how I perceive myself.  I always tell her I think I'm gigantic, huge, gargantuan, half seriously, but most of the time I'm serious and she wonders how I could ever see myself as a gigantic person & I will demonstrate how I would describe myself in hummingbird form. 

Seeing a hummingbird by itself you have no idea the actual size of these buggahs relative to anything so here I am, "yeah I'm flying, I'm colorful, I'm beautiful & I'm hungry! Going to get me some sweet sustenance in my outrageous pants suit.... Check it out, guys."

Here's another of me, loving being a mean green machine. 


I met Misty when I was 7 & she was 8, I'm pretty sure nothing has changed since then, where did all the time go we are two 8 year-olds stuck in big (large, very large) adult bodies...help! 

Great Owl & the biggest f*cking hummingbird you ever did see riding the Swings at some fair in HK 2014


Weirdly yours,
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment