Thursday, March 3, 2016

Good Talk- Gems

This is a totally cheat entry but I am inspired to share the gems of wisdom my friend drops on me during the times that I have little to no grasp on my life whatsoever. I'm sure you'll be able to ascertain the gist of the conversation based on context so...

He texted me, "Enjoy this status while you can.  You may think it's a bad thing but better you learn lessons now than later." To which I replied, "Ok, I'll try not to freak out that I'm getting older." First gem of wisdom, "Everyone is getting older.  And [it] just so happens everyone who got married is getting divorced, so if you time it right everyone will be single soon :)." I'm not sure if you could imagine my reaction but I literally laughed-out-loud and said "thanks." I said "thanks," OUT LOUD, TO MY PHONE. 

So he's either dropping gems on the regular or he's Confucius in disguise because his next text was in reference to my admitted hangover... 

"Drink with broke heart can lead to broke face."
 -DS

He's the best- I don't think I could master the art of simultaneously acknowledging a situation and its gravity, completely empathizing, while putting its seriousness in perspective (c'mon kid it's not that bad) & providing insight in such a humorous way. That description was probably way too complicated & doesn't do it justice at all but what I do know is that I am very grateful.  

Tangent
I seriously lucked out, one day about five years ago I showed up and said, "hey, could you teach me jiu jitsu?" & he [& his bro] haven't been able to get rid of me since, lol.



Weirdly yours,
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment