Thursday, August 15, 2013

Old Joy



I passed an elderly couple holding hands, laughing, and smiling at each other yesterday. Why is it that the first thoughts that popped into my head were, "aww that's so cute" & "they're probably serial killers." Apparently, whenever I see happy, white-haired, elderly couples I automatically assume they're serial killers or murders. Like when we were in Mechapa, Nicaragua and we were staying at the resort I seriously considered that the really sweet couple who owned the lodging & were doting hosts- though I wouldn't describe them as "elderly" they were just in a remote area in another country seemingly detached from the rest of society but anyway the thought had crossed my mind that they were possibly going to slit our throats, cut our bodies up into little pieces, & stash the bits in freezers under the cabañas (pretty much exactly like the couple from the book/movie The Road).  I was glued to my companions at all times haha buddy system FTW!
 
ps: I'm sure watching 7 Psychopaths didn't help either lol.


I'm not saying that if you're elderly and that happy that you must've gotten away with murder but I'm just saying.... Old people, watch yourselves! Your joyful laughter & loving gazes at one another might be giving away your secrets!!

pps: Of course, there is no proof whatsoever regarding the resort in Mechapa, it was just creepy because I was in a 3rd world country for the first time & prior to the trip my friends had psyched me out & partially convinced that I was going to be kidnapped and thrown into the back of an unmarked white van at some point, but we were more than safe the entire time- out of the city, on the coast, & surfing the hottest spots.  While in Mechapa we were connected to the wireless internet pretty much the entire time & the cabañas were really nice.  So yeah...don't exactly know where I'm going with this, I just don't want to bash the resort cuz it was cool aside from me being a little nervous.
 
Weirdly yours,
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment